Today is Halloween. We hope you enjoy the video showing how Halloween is celebrated around the world.
Have a joyous and safe Halloween
Image via Pexels
Everyone suffers from a broken heart at some point in their life. When you lose a relationship that has lasted for half your life or more, this heartache can trigger a midlife crisis. Fortunately, there are ways that you can reclaim yourself. Today’s One World Singles Blog post has tips.
Now may be a great time to shake things up and pursue a passion in a professional way. Consider starting your own business and forming an LLC. As a limited liability company, you’ll enjoy benefits, such as lowered liability and a few tax perks. The LLC formation process is fairly straightforward, and you will not have to go to the expense of an attorney if you do it yourself using a formation service.
Something else to keep in mind if you start your own business is to have your invoicing procedures down from the beginning. Start with an invoice template, which allows you to lay out your payment terms clearly so that you get paid for the right amount and on time. It’s also helpful to utilize software that not only looks professional with your branding materials but also allows you to accept payments in many different forms. A quick tip: Add your logo and branding elements to everything to reinforce your market presence.
Move to a New Location
If you shared a home with your ex, it’s time to put it on the market. After all, the last thing you need at this point is reminders of the misery you lived in leading up to your breakup. Look for a rental home in neighborhoods that are close to everything that you want and need. You can find properties online and even sort according to price, living space, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, etc.
Changing jobs and moving to a new location are two quick ways that you can get yourself out of a rut. But, these are not the only ways to sidestep a midlife crisis, and everything you do to make your life better post-breakout will benefit you in the long run.
For additional information about the author, please visit her site at caringfromafar.com or email her at email@example.com
|Photo by Yan Krukov|
If you are using dating apps, beware of people using enticements to pull you into their web of deception, namely Catfishing, defined as a deceptive act where a person creates an imaginary facade or fake identity on a social networking service, usually targeting a specific victim for financial gain, or to upset someone.
When searching for love, romance, dating, or marriage, finding your way around social media can be extremely confusing and overwhelming. In order to make it easier for you, you should know the following dating terms:
1. Catfishing - As already mentioned, someone who creates a new identity to deceive others into starting a relationship. It can be as harmless as unrealistic or highly filtered pictures or something as scary as dating someone who is actually a con artist.
2. Ghosting - This is someone you have been out with on multiple dates but does not reply to your messages for months and will suddenly end all forms of communication with no explanation or warning.
Photo by Mikhail
3. Benching - Keeping someone on the sidelines, but not completely ignoring them. It can be a potential love interest. The person likes your pictures, sends you memes, but never actually makes plans to meet you.
4. Orbiting - This is a potential love interest that monitors you on social media but starts no dialogue. Some will interact with your posts, others will not. They will know everything that is going on in your life.
Photo by cottonbro
5. Gaslighting - An individual will convince the other person what they are saying and remembering is far from the truth. The gaslighter convinces the other person that what they feel is false because that event never happened. Psychologists have termed gas lighting as a form of emotional abuse.
6. Breadcrumbing - You receive bits of attention and affection, thinking the person is interested in you but keeps stringing you along because the individual likes the chase but has no intent to commit.
Photo by JÉSHOOTS
7. Soft Launch - This means you are posting your significant other on social media by dropping hints, posting a food picture from a cute brunch date but you can see their elbow on the table, or just posting a picture from a date with just two wine glasses in sight. It has to show people you are off the dating grid and seeing someone while maintaining confidentiality.
8. Situationship - When two people are doing everything that people do in a relationship but they refuse to put an official label on it. That is more than a friendship, not a committed relationship phase. It differs from friends with benefits because in this situation there is a clear non-involvement of emotions. In a Situationship, you are stuck in the muddy waters of an emotional and a physical connection.
9. Talking Stage - The talking stage is an introduction to exclusive dating. You go out on dates, try to get to know each other, and see if you would want to date him or her. However, unlike dating, in a talking stage, you can go out and "search" for other options.
Photo by Maria
10. Love Bombing - You have just started going out with someone who showers you with tons of gifts, attention, and an over-the-top public display of affection. The person bombs you with their display of love, sweeping you off your feet, but often this leads to Gaslighting and abuse.
11. Zombies - They ghosted you, and you finally come to terms with that. However, just when you thought the chapter had ended, the person rises from the depths and sends you a "heyy" meaning he or she is into you. Just like a zombie, rising from the dead.
12. Roaching - You have been seeing someone for months and think it is exclusive, but then you discover the person is going out with other people too and hid it from you. The best way to avoid Roaching is to have a coherent conversation rather than an implied understanding.
13. Fishing - Someone sends out the same messages to a bunch of people and waits to see who would respond first and then go with the first responder.
14. DTR - Means Define The Relationship. Two people will have that 'talk' and clearly define where the relationship is heading.
15. Love Language - Different ways in which people express and like to receive love. There are five love languages: physical touch, words of affirmation, quality time, receiving gifts, and acts of service.
|Photo by Polina Tankilevitch at Pexels|
News from Travel Awaits
|Photo by Ketut Subiyanto at Pexels|
5 Destinations For Romantic Getaways Which Won't Break The Bank - Learn More
Here Are Our Favorite Jamaican Restaurants In The
US Border Officials Enforcing Fines On Travelers With Undeclared Foods - Learn More
Meet Bridget Francis, The First Black Woman To Create A Travel-Friendly Sanitary Solutions Company - Learn More
The Patient (A DS Cross Thriller) by Tim Sullivan - A detective approaches a dogged woman who claims her daughter was murdered and not the victim of a suicide or an accidental drug overdose.
by David Hickson - Sudden events sidetrack a military specialist, pretending to
be a businessperson, sent to
The Company You Keep (A Kendra Clayton Mystery) by Angela Henry - A woman about to breakup with her boyfriend discovers he has been bludgeoned to death.
Girl of Flesh and Metal by Alicia Ellis - A teen’s arm, destroyed in a car accident, is replaced with a robotic limb created by her parent’s company, which she sees as a disturbing conglomerate.
Spiraling by K. M. Simmons - Two New York City detectives probe the vanishing of Black women and girls, linked only by race and a cryptic note.
May It Please The Court (Daniel Mendoza Thrillers’ Book One) by Daniel Maldonado - A severely injured mother sues a chic hotel after alleging she fell down their poorly lit stairs, leading to suspicion.
Kings of the Castle by Naleghna Kai, S. L. Jennings, ET AL - A humanitarian society known as The Castle helps women in dangerous situations.
The Exes by Brandon Massey - A soon-to-be-released ex-wife is planning the ultimate reprisal against her ex-husband.