What a way to end the year, which went by too fast. Where does the time go? We are happy to end this year on a wonderful note, being one of the winners of The 2017 Black Pearls Literary Excellence Awards.
Many thanks go to the following people who made it possible for this Blog to win such an honor and making it a success in 2016:
Ms. Ella D. Curry, founder, and CEO of Black Pearls Magazine, for sponsoring this contest and for supporting and featuring unknown and distinguished writers, authors, bloggers and entrepreneurs to the world. Congratulations to all of the other 49 winners.
1. Mattie Raby Cousins, Beauty Shop Book Club
2. Angela Hunt, Chocolate Beauties Bookclub
3. Aprille Franks-Hunt, Coach, Speak & Serve Lounge
4. Blessings, Business, Collaborations Facebook Community
5. Bobbi Ramey, Sistah Minds In Motion Book Club (SMM)
6. BookTini Book Club, All Chapters
7. Chandra Sparks Splond, Magic City Momma Blog
8. Classandra Green, Mocha Girls Read, Illinois
9. Debra Mitchell, Black Women with Opinions and Attitudes
10. Debra Owsley, Simply Said Reading Accessories
11. Dee Fogarty, Founder of I Love Books and I Cannot Lie
12. Destined Readers Book Club, Georgia
13. Diane Rembert, Diamond's Literary World
14. DivaLit Book Club, Atlanta, Georgia
15. Divas Leaving No Pages Unturned Book Club
16. Divas Read Retreat - DRR
17. Don't Read Me, Read A Book - DRMRAB All Chapters
18. EyeCU Reading & Social Network of Detroit
19. Glory Edim, Well-Read Black Girl Community
20. Glory Girl's Book Club, Baltimore, MD
21. Karen Michele Bowman, S.O.U.L Book Club, NC
22. Karyn Smith-Davis, Girl Fridayz Book Club
23. Kesha Redmon, Sankofa Literary Society
24. Keys & No Lock Facebook Book Club
25. Kiera J. Northington, Sankofa Literary Society
26. Kim Knight, Between The Lines Bookstore
27. Kisha Green, Literary Jewel Blog
28. La Detra White, Founder at Noble Insight, Inc.
29. Lanika Griffin-Craig, Noble Mindz Book Club, Georgia
30. Letrise Carter, Sistah's Place Blog
31. Lisa Borders Muhammad, Diva's Literary World
32. Lutisha Bass, Books and Booze Book Club
33. Michelle Chavis, Victorious Ladies Reading Book Club
34. Monika Scales-Mitchell, 556 Book Chicks
35. Orsayor L. Simmons, Founder Book Referees
36. Priscilla C. Johnson, Cilla Maniacs
37. R.A.R.E. (Reading And Rapping Experience) Book Club
38. Read Reading Between Wine, South Carolina
39. Renee Spivey, All the Buzz Reviews
40. Robilyn Heath, A Distinctive Touch Concierge, MD
41. S.T.A.R.S - Sophisticated, Talented, Ambitious, Reading Sistas
42. Sharon Blount, BRAB Reading Warriors Retreat
43. Stacy Johnson-Leonard, Community Leader
44. Tamela Todd, Brown Girls Read
45. Tamika Sims, Self-Assured Woman Movement
46. Tanishia Pearson-Jones, Characters Book Club
47. Tiffany Tyler, Reading in Black & White Blog
48. U.S. G.I.R.L.S. Reading Group, Florida
49. Wanda Fields, Real Divas Read and More
To purchase tickets to The Atlanta Chocolate Social All White Party, Click here.
Special thanks to those who submitted our Blog for the nomination, and many, many thanks to the people who voted for us. For additional information on Black Pearls Magazine, and the many services offered, please go to http://www.edc-creations.com/publicity.htm
And most of all, we want to thank all of the writers who contributed some of the most outstanding and informative articles, the authors who selected our Blog to highlight their Virtual Book Tours, to authors and filmmakers who allowed us to share their books and movie trailers, to our visitors from around the world, and to those who leave comments that enable us to put out a top-quality Blog.
We realize there are a wide variety of festivals and holidays celebrated around the world during this time. Whichever holiday you are celebrating, let it be safe, healthy, joyous, and prosperous.
As always, the staff is taking a well-deserved vacation and will return on January 9, 2017.
One World Singles Blog Team