|Kevin Alexander and Lisa Brown Alexander|
Founders of Wellspring Manor & Spa
If you are looking for a unique spot to stay or wish to plan a memorable affair, look no further than Wellspring Manor & Spa | Luxury Bed & Breakfast.
1. What inspired you to establish this service? My husband and I wanted to create a luxury experience that spoke to the entertainment, culinary, arts, and accommodations needs of travelers of color.
|Photo by Retha Ferguson from Pexels|
2. Where did the name Wellspring Manor & Spa come from? We were looking for a name that evoked wellness, relaxation, restoration, and rejuvenation. We also wanted a name that reflected the timeframe in which the manor was built. Because the spa is a central part of “The Wellspring Experience,” we knew that the word “Spa” had to be in the name.
3. What are some of the most valuable lessons you have learned while operating this service? One of the most valuable lessons we have learned is to listen to our guests and to continue to exceed the highest standards of excellence. We have consistently received 5 out of 5 stars from our guests. Our guests have also been an excellent source of referrals and provided such positive feedback resulting in some of the best marketing we could ever have.
4. Are there any special skills or education one needs when starting a service such as yours? While having knowledge of the hospitality business is certainly helpful, it can be learned. Both my husband and I have strong backgrounds in business. The combination of collective experiences running businesses has been incredibly helpful. We strongly encourage folks getting into this business to study it inside and out and find a mentor or an experienced hospitality consultant to fill in the rest.
|Breakfast - Image by LangbeinA from Pixabay|
|Image by Nico H. from Pixabay|
6. You are located in the picturesque and culturally rich
suburb of Maryland ’s County, not far from Prince George , which is the epicenter of political happenings. Have any of your guests included politicians, no names necessary :)? Believe it or not, they haven’t. That said, we have had a few celebrity guests and other “well-heeled” but incredibly private business leaders, attorneys, physicians, and ministers. Guests seek us out to escape their busy lives. They can do that very effectively at Wellspring. Washington, D.C.
7. Do you plan to expand your service in other cities or abroad? That always remains an option for us!
8. As a business owner, what have been your biggest challenges, trials, or tribulations that you have faced or overcome? Our initial challenge was getting the word out and getting guests to appreciate that they could experience an upscale, luxurious experience in the heart of Prince George’s County, MD. Once we got the word out, followers and skeptics alike began to understand what was possible, and the response was very consistently positive. Being the first destination of our kind in the county came with some challenges, as well. It is always hard to be the first. Our biggest trial has been the Coronavirus. We have been completely shut down since mid-March. Having just opened our business in November 2018, we were just gaining momentum when the crisis hit. It has been financially and emotionally challenging to push through with no real end in sight to the pandemic.
9. What advice would you give someone who is thinking about starting a Bed and Breakfast? Do your research. Understand the guidelines affecting zoning, licensing, and permitting for the location where you plan to be located. Get to know the players in this space. Find a network of owners that will not see you as a competition but who will take you seriously. (The B&B industry does not have an overly large community of Black owners. It can be challenging to find your community.)
10. What type of comments or feedback have you received about your service? Consistently, positive feedback! We have been very intentional about creating a positive, upscale but personal guest experience. We very rarely can’t accommodate our guests’ requests. When we cannot, we make it our business to make up for it in ways that they simply do not expect. Excellence is central to everything that we do.
11. How do you manage your time when it comes to setting aside some time for yourself? Whew! We had almost no time to ourselves in the first year plus. Running a B&B can be a 24-hour/7-day-a-week undertaking. You have to be committed and understand that you will have very little time to yourself while you are ramping up your business.
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give our visitors a preview into your Wellspring Manor & Spa
Natural herbs have cured so many illness that drugs and injection can’t cure. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. i read people's testimonies online on how they were cured of HERPES, HIV, diabetics etc by Dr Edes herbal medicine, so i decided to contact the doctor because i know nature has the power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with Herpes for the past 3 years but Dr Edes cured me with his herbs and i referred my aunt and her husband to him immediately because they were both suffering from Herpes but to God be the glory, they were cured too .I know is hard to believe but am a living testimony. There is no harm trying herbs, Thanks. Write him on WhatsApp on +2348151937428. @dr_edes_remedies deals with
Email him on firstname.lastname@example.org
Post a Comment